Monday, November 5, 2012

Pro-choice


In recent class meetings we have been talking about women being oppressed by men or other means when it comes to reproduction. These talks have led to the main topic at hand abortion.  Last class meeting we talked on some statistics of abortion, who has abortions and why women have abortions. This is a very sensitive topic for anyone to speak on. Listening to the discussions in class and opinions of others I see that everyone has similar but very different opinions. As stated in the blog assignment, I do not think anyone likes to be titled as pro-abortion, I see myself being defined as pro-choice. I say this simply because I believe that there should not be limitations on what women should do to their bodies. There are certain things that may occur in a woman’s life that may cause her to seek medical assistance, which sometimes may be abortion. Women are faced with situations such as rape, complications with reproduction and health reasons that cause women to seek medical attention. There are social constructions that lead women to believe that abortion is not accepted. The society we are in today views on abortion vary from person to person. As I stated earlier there are reasons women seek abortions, reasons that society looks down upon and give terrible criticism. Other than that I really do not have much to speak on. I have not been presented with this issue to deeply express my opinions. This topic is one that cannot be fully expressed until presented with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment